Ok, so let’s face facts, healthy cooking is not my strong point. I can, however, cook food with the right ingredients to convince myself it’s healthy! In actual fact… This could be healthy? Maybe an expert out there could leave a comment to confirm and, if it isn’t, suggestions to make it so!
- A big fat pork chop
- A sweet potato
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves
- Chilli flakes (optional, depending on your tingle requirements)
- 1 red chilli
- 2 spring onions
- 6 vine ripened tomatoes
- A handful of rocket lettuce
- Cajun spice
- Cayenne pepper
- 1 carrot
1. First prepare the tingly potatoes. Easy peasy! Pre-heat oven to 210 and peel and dice your sweet potato. Chuck in a small roasting tin, rub with olive oil and a little salt and sprinkle with a generous amount of cayenne pepper and chilli flakes. Finely dice your garlic and sprinkle that over! Stick in the oven.
2. Now prepare your pork chop. I like the fat rind to crisp up on mine, so I rub it with salt then get a dry frying pan on a high heat and just hold fat against it so it cooks slightly. Just do the fat, don’t lay the pork chop down! Once this is done, sprinkle either side of your pork chop with Cajun seasoning. Just love the smell of that Cajun seasoning!!
3. Now, get another small roasting tin. Put in a small dash of olive oil and lay your Cajunny pork chop inside it. Sliced chillies, chopped spring onions and whole tomatoes go in there too! Now cover it TIGHTLY with tin foil. Pop it in the oven. Now just chill out for 20 minutes.
5. Get your pork chop from the oven and carefully cut the tin foil away. Watch out for steam!! Now get it all on your salad!
I did have a side of guacamole with mine for dipping, but in fact the pork chop was soooo sumptuous and the tomatoes were so juicy, I found I didn’t really need it!
This was delicious, but a generous portion! You may find (with one extra pork chop of course) that veg-wise this recipe is enough for two. Which makes it cheap AND (possibly) healthy! Try as I might, I couldn’t quite finish it… But then that’s what Dad’s are for! And if he hadn’t, then he wouldn’t have come up with the name for this recipe!
Oh! Last minute thought! Chicken breast instead of pork chop! Then it would be healthy, right?? Probably not as awesome but… healthy?