There was one more festive fudgey favourite I could resist making this Christmas…
Inspired by the Christmas classic The Grinch, this was a special fudge for my Mum and Sister who, like me, can not get through Christmas without our annual tradition of watching The Grinch and proceeding to quote it at each other non-stop for the remainder of the holiday!
To make Grinch fudge you will need…
- 300ml of milk
- 350g of caster sugar
- 100g of unsalted butter
- The seeds from one vanilla pod
- 150g of white chocolate
Bring on the chair of cheer!!
Once you know how, it’s pretty simple! Here are the key things to do differently:
1. Use a non-stick bread tin as your fudge receptacle. Take a large piece of grease-proof paper, then tear off small pieces, screw them up into balls and fill the bread tin. You won’t need cling film this time as the fudge will hardly touch the tin itself so won’t get the chance to stick, but by all means use cling film as well if you would feel more comfortable.
2. When your fudge reaches the ever important temperature of 115c, remove from the heat and gently stir in your vanilla, white chocolate and green food colouring. Leave to sit for 5 minutes.
3. After 5 minutes, return to the fudge and beat with a spoon for 5-6 minutes, until thickened and the gloss lessens
4. Pour into your bread tin and leave over night.
5. The next day, plonk the fudge out of the tin and pull it apart into cartoon like pieces with your hands- no need for a knife or any neatness! Just make sure you successfully remove all the pieces of greaseproof paper!
6. Surprise your friends and family with the green Grinchy treat!